Sunday, March 29, 2009

Same old..

The weather this whole week has been about on par with my general attitude toward everything. I have been trying and trying and trying and trying to find a job somewhere. I am becoming so scared about what is going to happen. I don't think I should feel like going to college was a waste of money, yet I do.

I have had so many interviews where I am their second choice candidate, I am good. I really am. I am just never the best. I have been second in the running for design positions, a college registrar position, a 'generic' website company that designs sites for specialized fields, a veterinary receptionist position and I can't seem to even get an interview at a grocery store/shopping center for the life of me. I would settle for that, at this point I would almost do anything.

I keep an eye on every job board I can think of or find. I have signed up with most of the temp agencies in our area. I have given my resume to so many people and filled out so many applications that I am probably at higher risk of having my identity stolen than the guy on that secure credit TV commercial that puts his social security number on billboards. I watch our local county website too. The jobs on it are always few and far in between, other than like construction workers/traffic signal techs. I have finally gotten an opportunity at least, for an interview with the water company doing office work. I could do that, easily. I just need to convince them..

Yeah.. I am a bit blue still. I am hopeful that I can get some deferments on my federal student loans and postpone those for a little while due to unemployment. I have my fingers crossed anyway, it certainly would relieve a little of my worry.

0 comments: